STRESS MANAGEMENT INFOYOU NEED TO KNOW... NOW!
Some Great Stress Relief Tips
We all know how important good stress management skills are... right? In a busy world, with unending work and responsibilities piling up, life can get to the best of us. But how bad is it for you, really? Can stress actually kill you?
From a biological perspective, stress makes perfect sense. If you're about to get chomped on by a bear, your stress hormones better kick your butt into gear. But it turns out that your mortgage, unemployment and looming exam all trigger the same stress management response in your body. And unlike most animals, which eventually experience a major decrease in these hormones after the danger has passed, humans can't seem to find the off switch! We need better stress management skills.
Even though it's not life and death, our psychological woes consistently bath our bodies in these hormones, making our heart pound, muscles tense and stomach turn. In Japan, they have the term Karoshi, which literally translates to 'death from overwork'. In what is now deemed an overworking epidemic, these individuals who are seemingly healthy and in their prime, suddenly die.
After being officially recognized and documented in Japan, these sudden heart attacks and strokes were quickly linked to poor stress management. But, how does stress cause this? Cortisol is one of the main stress hormones, which helps divert energy to where you need it and away from nonessential functions of the body. But with chronic stress exposure, problems arise: The immune system shuts down, inflammation is inhibited, white blood cells are reduced, and susceptibility to disease increases. Some evidence also suggests that prolonged stress may be involved in the development of cancer.
When looking at the arteries of macaque monkeys, those under significant stress have more clogged arteries. This prevents blood from getting to the heart quickly during stress, and can ultimately lead to heart attacks. The brain also takes a toll; when looking at mice exposed to stress, we see dramatically smaller brain cells, with fewer branch extensions than normal mice. These are reasons why good stress management is so important.
This is particularly prevalent in the area associated with memory and learning, which may stir up some memories for you of those wonderful all night study sessions; the acute stress and sleep deprivation can make it increasingly difficult to remember things we want to.
Perhaps the most telling story is in our DNA. We contain something called telomeres on the ends of our chromosomes, which decrease in size with age. Our video on "Aging", here, explains this process. Eventually, the telomeres run out, at which point the cell stops duplicating and dies. So telomeres are directly related to aging and length of life. And it turns out; poor stress management may actually accelerate the shortening of these telomeres.
But not all hope is lost for the perpetually stressed. Another hormone, oxytocin, has been shown to reduce this stress response. It helps your blood vessels relax, and even regenerates the heart from stress related damage. So how do we get more Oxytocin? It's sometimes dubbed the 'cuddle hormone', because it's released during positive social interactions and while caring for others. People who spend more time with others create a buffer or resilience to stress.
So when life gets the best of you, just remember, you don't have to go it alone. Spend some time with those you love - it may just save your life! It's an excellent stress management tool.
Other Featured Stress Videos
Bach Flower Therapy
Exercise Reduces Stress
Introduction to EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
Sound and Music Therapy
Dance Movement Therapy
Life After Divorce
How Anxiety Affects the Body
Stay In Touch!
Follow Us On Twitter
Become a Fan on Facebook
SO, WHAT'S THE STORY ON STRESS?
STRESS is out of control! In fact, life is out of control! Effective stress control and problem solving skills may be the only thing that will keep your head above water in the next decade. It really is becoming quite serious and so should be taken very seriously. What is your plan for the next decade? Or, will you just let stress win?
Maybe you thought life was crazy in the first decade of the 21st century. Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse. Experts predict 10 years of economic devastation before things improve. A whole bunch of economic factors are coming together all at the same time and the results of this trend will not be for the weak-hearted.
Your coping skills may well be a key factor in deciding who wins and who loses. And, I don’t mean the lottery! I am talking about your health and wellness. Poor stress coping skills can lead to serious illness.
In the past 30 years, chronic degenerative disease has been steadily on the rise. Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Asthma, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Chrohn’s and Depression are just a few of the, roughly, 70 chronic degenerative diseases that experts say are directly caused by stress. We are, literally, fighting for our lives. How much more stress can any of us really take?
But, there is hope! Achieving and maintaining wellness is more than possible. So, come with us to learn everything YOU need to know in order to take back control of your health and your life.
Yours in wellness,
- Stress Management Techniques - 5 of the Absolute Best
- Here are some of the best stress management techniques I’ve ever found. Sign up now to get your FREE copy of my one-page FREE resource guide, "JILL'S TOP FIVE TOOLS FOR CONQUERING STRESS 4 LIFE."
- What Is Stress? The REAL Answer Could Change Your Life!
- What is Stress? Can anything be done about it? Many take for granted that stress just IS and there is nothing that can be done about it. But, what if you really do have a choice?
- Biggest Causes of Stress... the Dirty Dozen
- The biggest causes of stress in life tend to eclipse everything. Take action! Become an expert problem solver and kick stress to the curb forever.
- 28 Symptoms Of Stress - Behavioral, Emotional and Physical
- The symptoms of stress are many and the consequences are very serious. Knowing what they are is the first line of defense.
- Stress and Depression: the EFT-Enneagram Solution
- Stress and depression are usually connected, but the problem can be solved using EFT along with the personality typing index called the Enneagram.
- Teen Stress & Childhood Stress Has Reached Epidemic Levels.
- What would it take to reduce the causes of teen stress and childhood stress; and give our kids a chance to enjoy life?
- Stress Reduction for Business, There is a Light at the End of the Tunnel.
- Seven key tools about stress reduction for business owners. Are you ready for some relief?
- Our Stress Reducers Newsletter, "TAKING BACK CONTROL" Is Just What You Need!
- Sign up today to receive our <strong>FREE</strong> monthly stress reducers newsletter, called "TAKING BACK CONTROL", which has everything you need to beat stress for good.
- Stress Management Blog
- Our stress management blog keeps you up-to-date with additions and changes to strictly-stress-management.com. Subscribe here.
- A Good Stress Management Book Is Hard To Find
- It can be stressful just searching for a good stress management book. Let us give you a hand finding some great resources!
- Stress Management Articles List
- Stress management articles discussing various causes of stress and how to cope.
- Stress Relief Products: Check Out the Latest of the Creative and Innovative.
- The latest developments in stress relief products are truly exciting and effective. See them all here.
- Really Good Stress Management Programs Can, Literally, Save Your Life.
- Learning to develop a wellness plan is one of many stress management programs that everyone should take.
- Asea Redox Signaling MoleculesAdvancing Health
- Reverse damage from free radicals, also known as oxidative stress, with ASEA Redox Signaling Molecules.
- The Average Health Survey Is A Waste Of Time. Find Out Why!
- The average health survey is a list of 10 to 20 items that are simply scored. Try these wellness inventories instead and do your own personal health assessment and learn to manage stress better.
- Stress Management Videos Library
- We hope you find this library of stress management videos informative and enjoyable.
- EFT Tapping Is The Ultimate Stress Management Technique.
- EFT tapping is the answer to your prayers about a stress management or stress elimination technique. Read more...
- How To Cope With Stress: Only Crazy People Need Apply.
- To learn how to cope with stress, you have to be as creative as possible. Go crazy!
- 100 Health Related Fitness Ideas for a Whole Lotta Fun.
- A list of health related fitness ideas doesn't have to be all about fitness centres and calisthenics. Check out our fun list of 100 ways to get off the couch.
- Fantastic Stress Humor to Lighten Your Day.
- Never a dull moment. Here is some different forms of stress humor to help lighten the load.
- Stress and Food, the Links are Endless.
- If there is anything in the world does the single most damage to us, as human beings; it is food. The links between stress and food are staggering.
- Healthy Chocolate: When Something Bad Becomes Something Very Good.
- Healthy chocolate is not just a fad. It's the latest and greatest - great-tasting, that is - in the world of oxidative stress management.
- Financial Stress Wins Prize as Worst Stressor in Life.
- We all face financial stress daily. Education seems to be the only real solution. The more you understand about money, the less it stresses you out.
- Herbal Stress Relief. Welcome to Mother Nature's Medicine Chest.
- If you haven't yet learned about the vast wealth of herbal stress relief tools available from Mother Nature, it's not too late.
- Stress Related Illnesses Are Growing In Number.
- Do you suffer from any stress related illnesses, such as Asthma, Diabetes or Cancer. They are all caused by oxidative stress and emotional stress.
- About Us
- Find out all about us & what we do here at Strictly Stress Management & Panacea Research. Let us know what you think.
- Contact Us
- Here you have an opportunity to ask questions and share feedback about our site.
- Welcome to our Store.
- Here in our store, you will find excellent downloadable e-courses to learn more about health, wellness, problem solving and stress management.
- Holiday Stress Help For You! Don't Be Blue This Year.
- Want some concrete holiday stress help? Here are 6 important tips to help you be much better at managing this typically stressful season.